Based on chemical Nanotechnology, the synthesized product contains specially modified, functional nanoparticles that are specially linked into a Silicon Matrix. Self-organizing Nano components form an invisible layer on the surface with excellent Water and Oil Repellent properties. This coating is very versatile and special additional properties like anti-bacterial protections are incorporated into the material.
Benefits and Advantages
- Water repellant (hydrophobic) and Dirt repellent (oleophobic).
- Anti-Bacterial properties can be incorporated.
- The water rolls-off the surface forming a Brushing Effect (Easy-to-Clean Effect / Self Cleaning)
- Easy application through Spray, Brush, etc.
- Curing at atmospheric temperature.
- Stable at varying Temperatures.
- Low Cleaning and Maintenance requirements.
- Retains the quality of Surface.
- Ecologically beneficial & biologically safe.
- Resistance against dirt, algae, scales etc.
- Long lasting (up to 5 years)
Areas of Application
- Buildings with Stone exterior
- Buildings with stone interior
- Stone Sculptures
- Stone Walls
- All types of Concrete
- Earthenware & Terracotta
- Stone masonry
- Natural stones & Marble
- Bricks & Roofing tiles
- Clinker bricks & Masonry
- Tiles & Paving stones
- Car repair shops and garages
- Stables and farm enclosures.
- Performance of this coat is robust due to effects of inorganic nanoparticles incorporated in the liquid matrix, i.e. it is a dispersion of functionalized nanoparticles. The applied liquid acts as carrier in spreading the coating across the applied surface. Over the curing period (7 to 8 hrs), nanoparticles self-assemble across the surface and bonds with the surface.
- The liquid coating evaportaes over the curing period leaving only the nanoparticles that form a uniform thin layer of 50 – 60 nm over the surface
- This nanocoating does not remain only as a coating on the surface, but fine nanoparticles penetrate deep inside porous stones (e.g. sandstone) through its fine pores and over a period of time (1 year) it covers a large part of the stone, and continues to penetrate & spread inside, rendering robust antidamp/ bacterial/thermal properties to the surface.
- In Australian environmental conditions temperature variations are wide and this generates thermal shocks leading to multiple cracks in older buildings. Nanoparticles incorporated in the coating behave in an elastic manner as they absorb thermal shocks but do not allow them to pass on and save building from thermal shocks & cracks. Conventional water proofing chemicals do not incorporate such kind of properties.
- This nanocoating does not allow algae and scale formation as the ability of foreign particles to adhere to the surface is reduced. Performance is robust compared to fragile & low performance organic additives used in manufacturing conventional coatings used to prevent algae and scale formation.
- The coat is optically neutral enabling it to be completely transparent and while applied over stone surface, the color of surface remains unchanged.
This nanocoating differs from conventional water-proofing chemicals available at present. Conventional water-proofing chemicals are of soapy nature, colored and are generally calcium salt or organosilane based and are unable to impart hydrophobic, anti-bacterial and thermal properties.
There are no products to list in this category.